Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We're going to be there this year, first time during high season.

We are easily identified by our towd, a yellow MINI Clubman. Wave if you see us, or stop by to say hello.
AprilWhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I will be there on the 15th of January (and my birthday is the 13th - belated party time!) Not sure where. I'll be camping with the Wandering Individuals and I don't know where they are going to camp yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I am just like Becks not retired yet and wishing and dreaming. I have never seen any pictures of Q. Only know about it from word of mouth. Only been to AZ once and that was by plane. Q is certainly one of the first places to go when I retire. We have a winter snow storm coming tonight. Eat your hearts out and enjoy your time in a warm climate.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

jcar6109: If you want pictures of Quartzsite, go to flickr.com and do a search using "quartzsite". Especially interesting (to me, anyway) are clips of off-roading in Quartzsite found on the YouTube.com site.

Wendell
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

If anyone wants to have a guide to ride their atv for the first time NE or SE of Quartzsite get in touch with me after we get out there. I have ridden most of the trails in that area.

I have ridden some NW, and very little SW. That is kind of the area we will and explore this winter.

Just send me a PM. Should be out there in a couple of weeks.

We just took delivery of the new unit yesterday, and we are waiting for the roads to clear of ice and snow to start the progression south to our sons, then home, rearrange the supples, and heat to MO to the Christmas light show, and then on the the desert southwest.

Can't believe we started for there on the 22nd of Oct.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Jeeperrmartin... Glad to see the new Vectra has arrived. Our plan is to retire with a Tour or Vectra and then may have to take you up on that ATV tour. Enjoy.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

We have been at Q for the past two years for the rv show. We have stayed north of town about 5 miles and then east about two. we were sob's with an Alpine group.
The show is great fun. Weather has been iffy, cold and windy to very nice. Lots of room to park in the area we stayed and room to do just about any type of atv or off road roaming.

If any one is interested in such a thing, there is a person or group of persons that use an ultralite or motorized kites to do arial photos of your camp.
One thing I do when camping in that area as well as others is to note my gps position. At Q there are thousands of rigs in desert. if you or someone in your group needed med. attention, it would help responders sort out where you are.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lawdude:
Part of the Q'site funfest is the Amateur Radio get-together about 6 miles south on 95 just north and west of 53rd street. Everyone, ham or not, is welcome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lawdude,

Derek and I will both be out there this year, and would be interested in hearing more about the radio get together...

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote