Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Orlando in October - moving West

Leaving Orlando tomorrow after 2 weeks in the record heat and humidity. It has been very disappointing...too hot to go outside enjoyably. Moving west tomorrow to Gulf Shores area and on to New Orleans, San Antonio, Deming NM, Benson AZ, Tucson, and Mesa/AJ area thru early January. Will wait until Nov next year to come down to Florida from NJ/PA. Upgraded my Thousand Trails to Elite I with 9 Florida parks so hoping for better weather later in the year next time around.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I just looked up Orlando weather this minute...and wow...89F and 64 % humidity. The Real Feel has to be probably 105 F! No kidding you are getting outta there. Wow...good travels on the rest of your travel plans
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
Site Team

We are out in Palm Springs (Thousand Trails) now. The temps have been high until this week. It’s a high of only about 74 today which is a nice relief from the 90+ days. The humidity here has been extremely low with Santa Ana’s going through (4% yesterday). We decided to try Tucson (Voyager) this winter. This will be our first winter in the RV outside of Florida. We’re also TT members with a TC add-on.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Just discovering the Emerald Coast (panhandle) only been through here once before. There are several good Florida state parks starting at Panama City and westward. Much cooler here. Beautiful beaches, vegetation, and more moderate temps. A bit cool this time of year but very comfortable during the day. Anyone winter here from Nov-Mar that could chime in? I'm curious what a winter would be like here. Now at Gulf State Park in Alabama which is one of the nicest state parks I've ever camped in. I75 and I10 and 231 from exit 130 off I10 South to Panama City all very good roads. Lots of good rest stops on the Interstates. I'm very impressed with Florida now and see why it is such a popular destination. Would like to spend a week or two in the Destin area in the future.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Heads up... Tucson and Mesa are hugely popular in Jan/Feb. If you don't have reservations for that part of your trip make them NOW.

PS. It's been super warm all over the south this Fall.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
Site Team

Old 11-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

72 F and 21% humidity here in Pahrump, NV. And has been this way for a couple weeks now. There are 22 RV parks here in town, so even with all the snow birds heading south there's always a place to stay. Many of them are on plain old blacktop though. The rest on desert land.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
I just looked up Orlando weather this minute...and wow...89F and 64 % humidity. The Real Feel has to be probably 105 F! No kidding you are getting outta there. Wow...good travels on the rest of your travel plans

Realfeal was only a 2 degree diff much of the day and Orlando has been a degree cooler than here in Clearwater which had temps dropping into as low as the 60's in the early morning and been below 90 for over a week with temps mostly in the mid 70's to low 80's.

Currently 75 in Orlando and 76 in Clearwater. The high in Orlando was a relatively mild 86 today with a Realfeel of 91 at about 3 PM when the RealFeel diff was at 5 degrees however that was only for a few hours. Tomorrow Orlando should wake up to 70 degrees and Saturday morning should be in the 60's again. Clermont where the TT is located though was cooler than Orlando with a high of only 83 today.

I spent the better part of the day outside planting trees and it was not unbearable and actually pleasant until about 2 PM when temps approached their peak.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Orlando Weather

We live in FL and October is the "change over" month in central FL. Depending on weather patterns, it can be very comfortable and other years be rather warm. This year was unusually warm - well hot and is now starting to make the change, at least cooler mornings and evenings. Today (11/7) it is still forecast to reach 85 degrees and sunny.
RTrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Today it ran about 5 degrees cooler than forecast and was pretty nice out until about 3 PM when it reached the max heat of the day, Some cooling showers are expected tomorrow for a high of about 80 in Clermont with morning temps starting at around 70. Heat should peak early on Friday at about Noon with a temp around 80 and should start dropping with Saturday wake-up temps in the lower 60's.

Its been refreshing in the mornings with the wake-up temps in the 70's and daytime highs in the 80's coming off the dog days with temps in the mid 90's.

Shortly we will be in peak season for outdoor activity and are already at the beginning of prime sailing season.