Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

OK! Quartzite is a couple weeks away.

Who all will be there? We are staying south of town at La Posa about a mile in from 95 on the west side. Our 10th year as we live kind of close and bring the quad with. The weather will be nice and not as cold as it is here now.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'll be there but north of town off Plamosa Rd with the SKP solos. Also taking my ATV.
Rich
Presently in Apache Junction
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We'll stay in touch! We are bound and determined to have this social event for Winnie folks!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Well Gang,
We'll most likely be there, ONE MORE TIME. We've been going there now for about 6-7 years and, it, to us, is getting a bit old. I mean, how many times can you watch "Blue hairs" walk around with strollers for their chiwawas? Don't get me wrong here. We've enjoyed it for a few years, even with the shoulder to shoulder crowds in the big tent. That does get to be a pain too.

But, last year we stayed in Rice Ranch, right across the 95 from the big tent and, that made it really nice. If you got tired of bumping shoulders in the crowded areas, you just mosied back over to camp, take a rest, eat some lunch, take a nap (good part) and then, walk back to a less crowded tent and other areas.

One thing I (and all the others that we camp with) miss is, the main event has dwindled down to almost nothing due to politics, over pricing of the vendors stalls, and beaurocradic practices. We know because we've talked with several vendors over there that told us, they won't be back and, they haven't.

But, we'll do it at least one more time this year. It's still fun to be with friends and sit around talking about malfunctioning water pumps or, solar charging. After 25 years of Jeeping, we sold our Jeep so, we don't have any off road toys to run around the area.

It's still quite an event. Lot's of folks have a pretty good time. It does get "traffic problematic" though at certain times of the day. Anyway, to those that are going, have a great time and enjoy your friends and camaraderie.
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We'll be there

First time going to Q, wet behind the ears, as is our coach (27n), being picked up from Austin, TX tomorrow from the dealer.

Not being jaded yet, can't wait to see Quartzsite, and to meet some Winnebago folks, and try out the new MH.

We'll be there about a week early - anyone going around the 8th or 9th?

Dan
danhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Gang,
..... But, last year we stayed in Rice Ranch, right across the 95 from the big tent and, that made it really nice. If you got tired of bumping shoulders in the crowded areas, you just mosied back over to camp, take a rest, eat some lunch, take a nap (good part) and then, walk back to a less crowded tent and other areas. ....
Hello again Fire Up! What's the camping rates at Rice Ranch? Not much info available on the internet about these guys. Would they be sold out at this late stage?

We're planning to go to Q-site. We usually dry camp on the west side in Dome Rock area. We may hook up with SCV Jeff out in the Plomosa Rd area north of town.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
Hello again Fire Up! What's the camping rates at Rice Ranch? Not much info available on the internet about these guys. Would they be sold out at this late stage?

We're planning to go to Q-site. We usually dry camp on the west side in Dome Rock area. We may hook up with SCV Jeff out in the Plomosa Rd area north of town.
Hey Bill,
Really good to hear from you. Well, since my memory is pretty much non existent, I had to ask the wife what the rates were last year. She says the dry camping is around $7.00 per night and, the basic hook-ups hovered around, $33.00 per night. And, if I recall, ( don't depend on this info from my mind) that was not FULL hook ups. It was only electric and, possibly water since, not all of their "hook up sites" are complete yet.

Now, you ask if they might be "booked up" this late in the season? That's really hard to say. It's a big place and is sporadically laid out.

Here's one more thing. It appears they were going to change their "check in and check out" times/rules/days. If the wife recalls correctly, last year they told us that, "next year, you'll have to check in on the 14th and, check out on the 21st" or, check in on the 21st and, check out on the 28th"!!

So, since the majority of our camping group did not feel like they wanted to be that regulated, many of them might not be going this year but, we'll see. Anyway, that's what I, er, a, "WE" can remember about it at this time. It would be good to see you again and, I'd like to me SCVjeff too. Especially since he GAVE me a component that's working flawlessly and I never got to meet him.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

we are sort of northeast of town on the BLM ground. The road leads directly to the street the vendors are on. Will check the name later today. We also have our RZR and hope to ride some but not familiar with the area all that much. Only our second year.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

We are going and usually stay out at Scadden Wash past the LDS church on south side of I-10. We have one spot we like and no one ever seems to take it; now that I've said it, they probably will.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We just left Quartzite today...pretty empty compared to older days, most rv parks have lots of room. Silly Al's still a gong show though with worlds worst karaoke singers haha.
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We are in the BLM area past the LDS church on South side of I-10. First access past the camp host and three washes in then right past the circle of coaches. Have a black RZR and red Chevy Aveo. Also with brother in law who has a black Tracker. Hope to ride some but not alone. We are new to our RZR so need to get used to it.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Well Folks I will keep you posted about a day ride with the atv's on the west side of 95 and south of 10.... We get around the town on the atv as the traffic is too much for a car.
We should have internet there....
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We are leaving in the morning and will be there in the afternoon. Now for you that have atv's stay in touch as we are going for a ride with 8 other atv's. Will keep you informed as I know you would like to ride. P.M. If interested. I say the more the merrier and fun!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

DW dogs and I are going to try to check out the area but not till 27/28 Jan..
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We'll be making our first trip down to Quartzite this year. Getting there on Friday or Saturday and only staying for a couple of days. On our 'retirement trip' breaking in the new rig we purchased this Summer.

Leon
periopnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:18 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

There will be about 50 WGO Views & Navions at La Posa North starting this weekend. From the pay station, follow the signs past the first wash, turn left, veer left and you should see them. GPS coordinates are approximately 33.652077, -114.211009. My wife and I are selling our 2006 View but we'll be there in our 2010 WGO Vista 30W. If you've ever wanted a close look at a View/Navion and ask questions, this is THE place.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Rice Ranch.....They have Full Hookups for $35.00 a night. Last year they wouldn't let you book ahead unless you were booking for a full week. We never stay a full week so I waited until April and had no problem booking for a partial week. We always stay there, easy walk to the tent and Tyson Wells swap meet. They don't have shower buildings or bathrooms, maybe port a potties.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Well there's plenty of folk this year. One of the busiest I've seen

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:20 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Well there's plenty of folk this year. One of the busiest I've seen
Ya, a whole lot of folks this year, but still a lot of empty booths everywhere. The Q-site organizers should try the Walmart trick and "roll back" the rental charges.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Yeah, lots of changes in and around the tent. But the number of RVs in the BLM areas is impressive. Looks like all of the nicer CG's are full too.

Have you listened to KBUX 94.3 out here? Probably the best programming I've heard anywhere and one of the reasons we look forward to being out here.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote