Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

My wife and I are looking for new camp chairs. We want the kind that folds together into a 6" or so size that is stored in a bag about 3 feet long (as opposed to the fold flat woven strap kind). What we are looking for the ones that have pin holes that allow the air to breath in the plastic material. I know they exist - in fact Camping World has one - but I want some that are standard size. All I can find are the super wide ones. Does anyone have a source for these chairs? I would like to get them purchased before the hot summer arrives.
Thanks!
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

My wife and I are looking for new camp chairs. We want the kind that folds together into a 6" or so size that is stored in a bag about 3 feet long (as opposed to the fold flat woven strap kind). What we are looking for the ones that have pin holes that allow the air to breath in the plastic material. I know they exist - in fact Camping World has one - but I want some that are standard size. All I can find are the super wide ones. Does anyone have a source for these chairs? I would like to get them purchased before the hot summer arrives.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Since you are also in Oregon, I would check at GI Joe's. They have a lot of outdoor and camping equipment.

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug Sage:
Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walmart, Target, REI... seems like almost every store at this time of year. I buy new ones every year, so I've got all the colors pretty well coverd.

A few weeks ago I was at a Camping World (without my MH) and my wife wanted these really comfortable, deluxe recliner chairs. Not until I tried to store them in the MH storage did I realize just how 'oversized' they were. I can't even put two of the under the bed, so I'm stuck having them travel unstored.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have tried GI Joes, WalMart, Traget and REI but none of them have the ventilated fabric.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

How about these at Cabela's?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?...ing+chairs&noImage=0
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

They are spendy but that is what I was looking for. You guys are great. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Doug,

Don't give up on Walmart or K-Mart. I found the type of chairs that are shown on the Cabella's ad at a grocery store for about $15.00. Unfortunately, it was in Alaska, but they are available. Wait a few weeks until all of the spring and summer merchandise is in the stores. I'm sure that you'll get them cheaper.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I ordered ours directly from the manufacturers website. Look up Mac Sports, they have a number of different styles and types of "chair in a bag" and we got the one with ventilated backs and solid arms. We like them alot and the price was reasonable.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Easyrider:
I ordered ours directly from the manufacturers website. Look up Mac Sports, they have a number of different styles and types of "chair in a bag" and we got the one with ventilated backs and solid arms. We like them alot and the price was reasonable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug, Easyrider has it right!
Here is a direct link to Mac Sports Ventilated folding chairs:
Vented Chairs

They are a whole lot less than Cabellas - although I do love Cabellas and go there often just to browse.

Glenn
Old 03-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

That's exactly what I want. I think that I'll order a pair today. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Doug,
If that link does not work out for you, check your local BJ's Warehouse. Their summer stock is now in. We just bought 2 chairs at our BJ's that seem to fit your description. They were way less expensive than the ones at Campers World.

Bill
Willy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

I would give BJs a try but we are in Oregon and the stores are east of the Mississippi. I am going to keep looking at the local stores and hope for the best. If nothing shows up then it looks like I will be ordering the Mac Sport ventilated chairs.