Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

We have made a move this year to permanent site on a small inland lake. To get to it we travel the Ohio turnpike (by car). The traffic this year was noticibly lighter but especaily for RV's. Only saw 2 MH and several TT but 10 in all for an hours ride. We normally would see several in both directions but not this year. Gas was at $4.19 gal.

Hopefully after today it will go down to where I can still go to Yellowstone next month.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have made a move this year to permanent site on a small inland lake. To get to it we travel the Ohio turnpike (by car). The traffic this year was noticibly lighter but especaily for RV's. Only saw 2 MH and several TT but 10 in all for an hours ride. We normally would see several in both directions but not this year. Gas was at $4.19 gal.

Hopefully after today it will go down to where I can still go to Yellowstone next month.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
KIX
Winnebago Master

It's not going to go down Tom. Better get used to it and be prepared for even a little higher.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Just returned from PA to Upstate NY, and I am happy to report I saw a good population of motorhomes, travel trailers, and fifth wheels traveling on the roads, returning from their Memoria Day trip.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Certainly not a representative sample but the Cedar Island (NC OBX) CG was packed the whole weekend and the Cedar Island-Ocracoke Ferry was full on every run and with a lot of RV's.

Speaking for us, we may not like it but we'll give up something else before we quit hitting the road.

(Dang, there goes my adult beverages!)
Old 05-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We spent the weekend in Plymouth, CA. 302 sites and ALL were full. We saw the usual number of rigs on the highways.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I am so glad to hear that and i hope $4.00 isn't going to last for long - don't think it will. With all my gang working in the business they are definetly seeing a slow down from their dealers. However they are all still optimistic, in fact Jayco has bought out another RV mfg and will start building a new line including class A's!!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #8

Bumper to Bumper on Friday and Saturday up here heading to the mountains. There was an article in the local paper that said all the Pike National Forest campsites were booked solid.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
I am so glad to hear that and i hope $4.00 isn't going to last for long - don't think it will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will either....it will be near $5/gallon very soon.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
I am so glad to hear that and i hope $4.00 isn't going to last for long - don't think it will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will either....it will be near $5/gallon very soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well say Amen! Gas went down below $4.00 here this AM....#3.97 whoopee!