Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Traveling I 80/90 from Toledo to Indians this weekend. Total travel time (because I had to return home once) was 3 hrs.

Overall traffic slow for this time of year on a friday night. Only saw a total of 7 RV's of all types on the the road friday and 3 today on my way home.

Just for what it's worth.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Traveling I 80/90 from Toledo to Indians this weekend. Total travel time (because I had to return home once) was 3 hrs.

Overall traffic slow for this time of year on a friday night. Only saw a total of 7 RV's of all types on the the road friday and 3 today on my way home.

Just for what it's worth.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Drove from Dallas to Amarillo Friday on my way to Colorado. Saw less than half of the RV's that we normally see.

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I think people will be staying closer to home this year if they go out at all. Next week I will be heading to Ventura, California for a beach trip(90 miles from home)usually on a holiday week we will see RV after RV on the freeways here. I'm interested to see how many RV's will be on the road this time.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We're out here. Jersey to West VA. We saw some RV's but not as many as expected.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #6

We live near the road to Pikes Peak, and as usual, there were RV's bumper to bumper leaving Colorado Springs on Friday heading West to the mountains......
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
We live near the road to Pikes Peak, and as usual, there were RV's bumper to bumper leaving Colorado Springs on Friday heading West to the mountains...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great! Push some of that enthusiasm to the east will ya'?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I just recently too I-80 West from Chicago to Iowa City, counted 6 Motor homes,none in Flying J's any where. Took I-39 South through Illinois on way home, same thing almost no motor homes. Lots of towables headed for dealers. Even truck traffic was sparse and driving much slower than normal.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I just returned from a trip to Traverse City (northern Michigan) and back to the Kalamazoo area (SW Michigan) last week. We were there for a week. The population in the campgrounds up there was sparse, but the weather was cold. Spring is about 2 weeks late this year. Happy to say we saw a good number of RV's traveling upon our return last Saturday. Fuel is approx. $1 per gallon more than last year. The trip cost us about $50 or so more, not enough to stay home.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote