Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

Click on the below link and read about Jane and John Canfield's experiences on page 10 and 11.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

(I might add that I've communicated with John by email several times this week and yet I had to hear this news from someone else!!)

Spring Issue of Traveling Times
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Click on the below link and read about Jane and John Canfield's experiences on page 10 and 11.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

(I might add that I've communicated with John by email several times this week and yet I had to hear this news from someone else!!)

Spring Issue of Traveling Times
Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Very cool thanks for sharing!

Congrats John, but I almost didn't recognize you with out the Tux on!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #4

Wow! Thats GREAT! A celebrity!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Hey John and Jane -- Way to go!! You make our Winnie family proud!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

This was a very nice article.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
cwg
Winnebago Camper

Very nice article--- way to go for the Canfields. When I used to follow the Winnebago forum, John was always the guru. Not sure he has an equal on the other owner forums; some are close, but John always gives credible and accurate information. Have not had the pleasure of meeting this couple in person yet.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Great article. John has been very helpful to many on the forum and it is great to see them highlighted in this way.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
Very nice article--- way to go for the Canfields. When I used to follow the Winnebago forum, John was always the guru. Not sure he has an equal on the other owner forums; some are close, but John always gives credible and accurate information. Have not had the pleasure of meeting this couple in person yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having had the pleasure of meeting Jane and John in Forest City I can attest that he does in fact wear something other than the tux!!

For those of you interested in making Jane and John's acquaintance, there are still a few sites left at the iRV2 National Rally!!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Aw-shucks... you guys embarrass me

We haven't seen the article yet, Denise of Winnebago Marketing Communications said she was going to mail us a few copies.

It was a lot of fun to sit down with Denise last fall while we were in FC for a little more service and chat with her. She was very personable and a good interviewer.

We are all signed up for the iRV2 Rally in Branson and we hope to meet many forum members there. (We might even have the Tux with us )

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

John, the article is linked in the 1st post.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Very nice article. WTG, Jane & John. BTW, I did have the pleasure of meeting both Jane and John at the Winnebago factory, about a year and a half ago, and spending some time with them for 4 or 5 days.

I made that trip to Forest City alone, as my wife had a herniated disk and a pinched sciatic nerve, which caused severe pain from her spine to her foot. She could not travel. The doctors said that surgery would be her only chance of a recovery, and even at that, there might be nerve damage that could cause dropped-foot.

Jane gave me a prayer cloth for my wife, that she had made, and said she would keep my wife in her prayers. What a kind and thoughtful person, as is John

My wife recovered completely without surgery of any kind, and has been fine ever since, except she's back to her ornery ways.

Thank you again, John and Jane.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
That is great to hear Capt. Bill. God Bless. I read the article last night, congrats John "Mr. Geek" and Jane. You've been very helpful to every one on this fourm. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Bumping this to let John know the article was linked in the opening post of this topic...

John had posted that he hadn't read the article...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

I think you just missed him posting
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

John and Jane, what a great way to get to know our fellow RVer better. Been following your adventures since you first went shopping. Congratulations again as you deserve it.

PS. Hi to Capt. Bill. I will forget what you said bout the wife...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Great article John and Jane. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you both, but have been following all your articles here since I've signed up.
Just knew someday you would be a star!

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote