Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Easter 2018 Trip Planning - Myrtle Beach??

Looking ahead to the new year I am in the planning stages for our annual Easter Trip which runs from Good Friday to the Following Sunday. In the past we have done Key West, St. Augustine/Blue Springs SP, Stone Mountain/Nashville, and this year after reading an article in FMCA Magazine we are looking at Myrtle Beach. Having never been to Myrtle Beach I am not sure of the layout. My research shows four major campgrounds and all seem to be priced the same. What I am looking for insight about their locations in relationship to the shows and other sights to see. It seems that Myrtle Beach is a pretty large area and I don't want to be some where it is a great distance to go anywhere. Also what can I expect as far as crowds etc during Easter week. It seems that a lot of the people in the campgrounds are there for the winter and may be leaving on or about April 1st. Thoughts or ideas appreciated.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lakewood CG is right on the ocean and well located for accessing the sites of Myrtle Beach. Be sure to make reservations as the park is likely to be busy on the weekends. Carolina Roadhouse was an excellent place to eat...a bit of a trek but worth it. Just spent 2 weeks on the Jersey shore...another favorite beach destination.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks TJ, Lakewood looks like a nice place. I plan on making reservations by the end of this month. I like to book my Easter trip at least 5-6 month ahead of time. I am looking at Myrtle Beach to catch a few shows, a couple of nice dinners, some relaxation and possibly a day trip to Charleston.

RE: Jersey Shore - I saw that you were a few miles away in Ocean View a couple of weeks ago. Because of the festivals on the Five Mile Beach island (Bikers, Firemen and Irish) I prefer early October as the better time for me. Having lived here my whole life I sort of take it for granted but it is nice especially when everybody goes home and the weather cools off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We were there for a couple of weeks in October....enjoyed the area, lots to see and do and lots of places to eat. What's really nice about this park, is all the sites are pull thru FHU 50 amp
We stayed at the Travlers park very close to the beach.....as a matter of fact 10 feet from the RV we were walking on the beach. We have friends that winter at that park, and they said that April 1st they all start to leave.....Easter being on the 1st some might leave sooner.
If you like to fish, you can get a 4 day license and surf fish along the beach.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We may be in Myrtle Beach at the end of April. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at Ocean Lakes Campground. Like Robmat I'm interested in whether it's close to shows and attractions and what others' opinions on the park might be.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ended up booking at Lakewood Campground. Just doing a Google Map of Myrtle Beach with a search of shows and then a search of campgrounds a few of the shows are in the middle of the strand north of Lakewood and the rest are in North Myrtle Beach. Probably will take around 30 minutes to get to a show nonetheless it is about the same if we went to Nashville or any large city. Booked four nights at Myrtle Beach and another three nights just outside of Charleston before heading back North.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Parking lot? All CG mentioned are parking lots. MB and Huntington State Park are nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmat View Post
Looking ahead to the new year I am in the planning stages for our annual Easter Trip which runs from Good Friday to the Following Sunday. In the past we have done Key West, St. Augustine/Blue Springs SP, Stone Mountain/Nashville, and this year after reading an article in FMCA Magazine we are looking at Myrtle Beach. Having never been to Myrtle Beach I am not sure of the layout. My research shows four major campgrounds and all seem to be priced the same. What I am looking for insight about their locations in relationship to the shows and other sights to see. It seems that Myrtle Beach is a pretty large area and I don't want to be some where it is a great distance to go anywhere. Also what can I expect as far as crowds etc during Easter week. It seems that a lot of the people in the campgrounds are there for the winter and may be leaving on or about April 1st. Thoughts or ideas appreciated.
Myrtle beach and Huntington Beach State park’s are excellent and reasonable
Jandjstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Michael A

Hi!
Just wanted to let you know there is also a new campground in N. Myrtle Beach called NMB RV Resort and dry dock marina. It is on the inland waterway not the beach and all sites are paved pull through with full hookup. Everythig is new and very clean. The pool and waterslide was not finished a month ago when we were there but should be by now. There is also a lot to do in NMB, so you will have a lot to see and do. Charleston will be a must see too.
Regards
Michael
Michael A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

http://www.apachefamilycampground.com

We stayed here a couple of years ago and it was really nice. We were pretty close to the ocean and walked the beach every morning and evening. Also the fishing pier will rent you pole, tackle, bait and license for a nominal fee and you can fish right off their pier.

Also a pretty good restaurant at the end of the pier.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach