Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Boondocking Etiquette

Boondocking and dry camping topics appear from time to time in this forum. Sometimes folks w/o much experience boondocking talk about running their generators and just going out and parking in the boondocks.

This video very nicely presents the 9 major items most boondockers would like for others to think about when they look for a place to park in the boonies.

al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
Let's kill some bugs!

This guy has great info. His boondocking 101 is informative for newbies to boondocking.

John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Well done and good information, thanks for the videos. We dry camp more than we actually boondock and my personal pet peeve is noise, including incessantly running generators and outdoor music.

It drives me crazy every time I read a thread about adding solar and see a responding poster advising that "you don't need solar, my generator will recharge my batteries in only X hours". Recently this most often seems to occur in threads about residential refrigerators. Their increasing popularity means the generator noise problem is only going to get worse.

OK, that's my old guy rant for the day.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Two great videos.

For those of us in the boondocking choir, the ten tips are our favorite tune.

Got to be some way to teach the congregation to sing along.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I looked at some of his other videos and they're pretty good, especially the one on the top ten camping spots in the western states.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Well done and good information, thanks for the videos. We dry camp more than we actually boondock and my personal pet peeve is noise, including incessantly running generators and outdoor music.

It drives me crazy every time I read a thread about adding solar and see a responding poster advising that "you don't need solar, my generator will recharge my batteries in only X hours". Recently this most often seems to occur in threads about residential refrigerators. Their increasing popularity means the generator noise problem is only going to get worse.

OK, that's my old guy rant for the day.
While I agree 100% about inconsiderate people with blaring stereos or loud generators, that's EXACTLY why I do boondock sometimes. To get away from people and have space to myself I cannot get at campgrounds and RV parks. I can play my stereo or run a generator and enjoy myself my way without bothering anyone. If others are that close to be bothered then I am in the wrong place and I don't consider it boon docking, but then that's just me!!
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote