Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

11 day vacation - ahhhh!

Got back a few days ago from 11 days to Disney World. Still catching up, so not much time, but have to share a few things quick.

The good:
- Our motorhome
- The new dishdrawer I installed (three little kids - no more constant hand dishwashing)
- Disney, Fort Wilderness is a great value off season ($51.30/night)

The bad:
- The tire tread that took out our tailpipe and bent the driveshaft (happened less than a mile from a driveline shop - that's a "good")
- The poor guy with the 6 month old Coachmen trailer I had to tell about his bad wheel bearing, on a Sunday morning.
- Headwinds. Seems like we were always driving in to the wind. Averaged 7.5 MPG @ 60 MPH so I can't complain too much.

I took pictures of the dishdrawer install, I'll post them when things let up a little. Same one as used in Vectras and such. I used a Winnebago supplied drawer face, looks factory. Put it under the fridge. Had to raise the fridge a bit, and lose the outside radio, but well worth it. Fixed the shower drain too, the trap emptied out with the right combination of braking and hills, not sure exactly why, but it's fixed now with a deeper trap.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Tim, I am glad it remained with "good and bad and didn't follow the "good, bad and ugly" scenario. Look forward to seeing pictures of the dishwasher installation.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Glad to hear you guys had a great trip. We leave tomorrow for 8 days at Disney with the new MH. In fact it will be its maiden voyage for the family. We're going down with some friends that are renting a class C from Camping World. We're Disney veterans as this will be our 9th year going down in October.

How were the crowds and weather?
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Reads like a wonderful vacation with the family. Keep on enjoying and Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

tderonne,

Your experience pushed me over the edge on whether to buy 6 new tires or try to get by with replacing only the two most weather checked......thanks for the post. My old "Scotch" heart tries to get by on the cheap as much as possible, but I don't think tires are the place to do that. I've got 6+ years on these.

Thanks again,

Davel
Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

It wasn't my tire tread, it was from a truck ahead of us a bit.

Still a good reminder.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

what about those pictures of the dishwasher install?? where did you get the dishwasher? size on dishwasher(ht.width,depth) thanks
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I took the pictures with my wife's new camera. Figured out her SD car can't be read by my computer. Just got another laptop that does read it. I need to upload them with it.

It's the standard Fisher Paykel single drawer. Bought it off Ebay. It's actually pretty big. It needs an opening 24" wide, 16 1/4" tall, and 23" deep. Easy in a regular kitchen. Tight in a motorhome. Took another trip over Christmas with it. Still very happy.