Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

1. Old Comment

Headlight adjustment

Hi Foxtrot70, It wasn't hard to get the whole assembly (sheet metal basket) out, just three 12mm bolts if i recall. There is a lot of wasted space inside the front of this RV so it can be manipulated around. In the final solution, I used a pair of fender washers and nuts in place of the crumbly old plastic fittings. It means that once fastened in the sheet metal basket, the lights cannot be adjusted without full removal and re-do. Eventually I got them right, and should never adjust them again anyway. Regarding the battery cut out switch, yes, I agree that a cut out switch is necessary. I use this one, and can reach it through the grille. https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/81936676
    I didn't see a proud picture of your Elante? Come on, share! This thing generates comments everywhere I go. I saw one near Lubbock TX this spring...
  2. Old Comment

Headlight adjustment

'93 Elante' Headlights

Lightfoot54 - WOW lights from an '88 Audi I wondered where they came from. How did you remove the headlight assy? From what I can see it appears to be somewhat involved. I noticed the lights have faceting resembling an '85 VW Jetta with that same design. What was your final disposition on the headlight positioners? I have a '93 Elante' the OEM headlights are like yours made by Hella. In my case both lenses are clouded on the inside. I had this happen on a car one time the bulb glass broke then the filament burn up leaving a 'white tungsten clouding' on the lens inside. At that time I washed it with 91% alcohol that cleaned it. I also have my cargo drawers won't open due to stuff in the containers. The lids are pushed up I think catching on the frame thus I can not get to the release levers. Lastly, is there any way to disconnect the chassis battery when the vehicle is parked? I notice mine runs down even though I am connected to shore power. I have purchased a latching solenoid to add with a remote reversing dash switch. I want to see if this issue had been addressed before, I add an item to the vehicle.
  3. Old Comment

Headlight adjustment

Heeeey, you're an RV owner. EVERYTHING is difficult!!
  4. Old Comment

1992 Elante Project Rebuild

The hoop is easy to work around. I shoot free throws to wind down after work.
  5. Old Comment

Looks great! Did the basketball goal make you nervous?
  6. Old Comment

I thought I was the only one that had an adjustable height basketball hoop and had to raise it also.
  7. Old Comment

Holy cow, what a project. Thanks for sharing; I'll be keeping up with progress.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.